Thursday, July 21, 2011

For Dinner

So if you know me, I LOVE chips and salsa.

I eat it almost every day.

I sometimes go to Chilis by myself and eat it there.
I like to eat there because then I can also take it to go.

I am down to my last jar of salsa I made last fall, and am stressing.

So, I decided to see what I could make.
I found this recipe which was way way easy, and way delicious!

It makes a lot, but still, next time I will double it.
Ingredients

2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes(drained)
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup canned sliced green chiles, or to taste
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
I also added some green onion that I had.
Put all ingredients in a food processor, or blender.
(This is the first time sense being married I have used my blender by the way and I was pretty excited about it)



Grab yourself some chips and eat away!
recipe found {here}

Next was what to make for dinner.
Creamy Chicken Taquitos.

I got this recipe from Codee Jones @ Readable Eatables.
{Check out her blog for recipe.}

They were so good, and Jordan loved them!
Also, they went perfect with my salsa!




(Codee (dinner) and Ashley (salsa) 
are sisters in law, 
they are both great, and as you can tell,
fabulous cooks!  Thanks 
for providing my dinner recipe!)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Those toquitos look delicious! Jordan is so lucky to get all of your home cookin'! Tonight at dinner we wanted to order your meal.

    We just got back from Winnie the Pooh. So precious! :)

    ReplyDelete