Thursday, August 11, 2011

first time

I made a roast.

I have never made a roast before.
I have never made mashed potatoes before.
I have never made gravy either.

Until Sunday.

I usually prefer a baked potato over mashed, which is great, because a baked potato takes zero work, but sometimes a change is good.

So Sunday i felt inspired to make
Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.

I was a bit nervous.
It didn't seem too difficult but I didn't want to mess it up!

How was it?
I was quite impressed myself.

I always like it when I can tell Jordan really really likes my food.
This being one of those times.

"I am so full but I just don't want to stop eating" may have been his words.


Thanks mother dear for teaching me, it was a hit!

(one good thing about there just being two of us, we got to have french dip then beef stew with the left overs!)

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm.... I have a roast in my freezer.. I have been waiting to get brave enough to attempt this same meal! I dont know if I could pull it off as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Emily's sister-in-law and have your blog on my google reader...so I am not a comment leaver. But I have made a roast and all those items but I am so glad yours worked out.

    That was my plan for Sunday dinner until we were invited to a picnic in the mountains...so my defrosted roast had to wait till Monday. And since I work it had to be made in a crockpot. Not my favorite way to prepare a roast...when I got home my crockpot was still cold (broken) I was in tears.

    So I am so so glad yours worked out perfect. My failure is actually being blamed on my mom. She is the one that invited us to dinner Sunday. (I would have found out my old crockpot was broken at some point.)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh my mouth watered. That looks amazing. Teach me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks delicious! Good job! Ben's new sister is going to be Brookie Cookie, but I'm going to start calling you Brooker the Cooker! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Brent and i come live with you?? I hate cooking for just two! All of your meals look so yummy! Makes me want to be a better wife! :)

    ReplyDelete