Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jordan cooks

So as I have said, I enjoy to cook.

In my family growing up, my mom did most the making of dinners, but my dad also had his specialties!
My mom's food was always fabulous! 
And as for my dad, he makes some killer ham fried rice, 
and specialized in breakfast.
And when I say specialized . . . . I mean his breakfasts are greater than
you could find anywhere else!
(unless we count my grandma Parry's breakfasts, then we'd have a competition!)

But my dad, all through elementary and Jr High, 
(when we decided we were too cool for breakfast I guess)
made us breakfast, like real breakfast!
Waffles, french toast, pancakes, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and cereal too. 
But on fridays we had the big breakfast, with waffles-bacon-eggs, etc.  
Lucky children were we!

As you can see, my dad is the best!


But getting back to the Cushman residence. . . . .

I enjoy to cook, and I tell Jordan he doesn't need to be an expert chef, (because I definitely am not), but
that he needs to be able to specialize in something as far as cooking goes, and something really really good!

So the other night was his first attempt.
Ryan Cushman's Chimichanga's.

(don't mind him, he just got back from the gym)

 Not bad for a first try I must say!

I am thinking we need a waffle iron though, because next time I want him to make my dad's waffles, Yum!


 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Recipe for our version of Ryan's Chimichanga's.

Chicken Breast
Pepperjack Cheese
Black Beans (drained)
Fajita seasoning
Taco Seasoning
Soy Sauce (maybe 2 tsp)
Onion (chopped)
Uncooked Tortilla's
Cooking oil.

Cook  chicken, along with seasonings, black beans, chopped onion, and a little soy sauce in our crockpot for 5 hours.

Place chicken mixture in the center of tortilla, and placed shredded cheese on top of that, and roll tortilla like a burrito.

After making sure there are no open ends, place in hot oil in either a deep pot, or fryer.

They fry super quick, so be careful. 
Set in strainer to get off any excess oil, and top with whatever your heart desires!

(And be really careful not to get burned by that oil, I have a problem with that!)

3 comments:

  1. Good work Jordan! Let's keep these Cushman boys cooking...I'm liking it! Work on those waffles now so that you can teach Ryan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those look delicious!! I will have to make those soon. I think it's so great that you love to cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome! You both make delicious things :) Brooke, it is so fun to see all the fun things you guys are doing. You and your husband are adorable, and are a picture perfect couple. Alisha said it was so crazy that when they went to church after they made it to Cali YOU guys were in their ward! Small world. I am excited to try some of your wonderful recipes, I have heard from very valuable sources that they are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete