Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sloppy Joes

I love Sloppy Joes!
 
I remember watching The Next Food Network Star, 
and one of the contestants made sloppy joes and fed them to Martha Stewart.
Martha was appalled that someone would actually
feed her sloppy joes.
I guess she is too sophisticated for such a food.

. . . . .Obviously I am no Martha Stewart, because I think they are delicious!
 
 
Here is my dear mother's recipe.

Brown Hamburger and onion.
Then add:
1/2 TBS dry mustard
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 TBS Vinegar
1 can Chicken Gumbo Soup (Campbells)
1 Small can Tomato Sauce
Ketchup
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Taste it, and add more ketchup, or brown sugar to your own liking.
 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds tastie! I have an awesome recipe for sloppy joes too!! It has vegetarian veggie soup in it and dry mustard. If you're a sloppy lover you'd LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete