Thursday, February 9, 2012

I wish I could just shave it off.

To put it lightly I dislike my hair.
If I could change one thing about me, it would be this hair of mine.

My mother and sisters all have super thick nice hair.
I think I used to, but that eating disorder of mine took about half of the hair I had, 
and it has never been the same since.

I chopped it all of once.
It was necessary.
At the time I hated it, but when I look at some pictures of it short, it wasn't so bad.

I have been trying to grow it out ever since it was chopped.
So for the last. . . .  5 years I suppose.

It has grown.
But it still really bugs.
More often than not, {as of lately} this is what my hair looks like.

I throw in the braids on one side to try to liven things up a bit.
But my hair isn't pretty, and is getting on my last nerves.

I have been thinking of cutting it, but I am afraid if I did I would cry myself to sleep each night.
But then look at these girls short{er} hair.
Minus Selena's bangs, I'd feel too awkward with those, their short hair is cute.

Given I wish I had this hair, and someone to do it for me everyday too. . . .
I need to face the fact that I don't, and probably never will.

So I need some help please. 

11 comments:

  1. What the what?!? You have BEAUTIFUL hair! I always tell Mike how jealous I am of ALL of the Ross girl's hair. You (and your sisters), always have your hair so perfectly styled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is cut it! I loved your hair when you had a cute bob! Do it! It will take stress of your days! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love your hair brooke. some of your pictures have inspired me to be more creative with my everyday dew! but if you want i know of a shampoo/conditioner that supposedly thickens the hair. you've probably heard of it from emily. but its called nioxin. and they just came out with a new and improved version. just thought i'd share.

    p.s. i agree with your mom. i like you in a bob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all honesty.. I think you would look really cute with a really short cut! Like pixie cut! Or even just something shorter and dramatic! :) You are beautiful either way! But if you are ready for a change... Cut it! :) I do hear warm climates help make your hair grow faster and thicker... so maybe the California sunshine will help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say like selena's. It's still long enough to do fun things but it will cut off enough that you will feel so much thicker. And your hair is always darling so I don't even want to hear it. You could have my hair...I'm pretty sure I've had a mullet for the last 7 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word...this is speaking to me today. I hate my hair right now. I want it to be long like yours!!! It is a tough call, right now it is super cute cause you can do different things with it. However, short is also really fun too. I have been short for 4 years now and loved it all the way until my last hair cut...what was my hair dresser thinking? I agree with first trying Selena's hair because then it is more gradual and you can still do things with it. Then if you like that but want it shorter then you still can. If you do cut it, make sure it is what you really want cause it is taking me forever to grow out and all I want to do is put it in a pony! Whatever you do, it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?! I have ALWAYS loved your hair! I am so so jealous of your hair! It is gorgeous! I would trade with you in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah go shoulder length.. I know you and know that you would not be happy with a bob!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your nice comments. :) I am not so sure about a "bob" but maybe I'll be brave enough to chop some of it off. Just maybe. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were blessed with a beautiful face, so no matter what your hair looks like, you always look pretty! Also, I really dig the braids you put in your hair. I would like braids in my hair like that. Maybe on the cruise? See you in two to three days! "Finally!" :)

    ReplyDelete