Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer has offcially begun!!!!

Monday was the official start to Jordan and mine's summer! We left around 7:30 for our trek to Georgia. I was excited for the drive, Jordan not so much, as you can see in this picture....

I told Jordan it would be fun, and would be good bonding time. Two days strait, with no where for him to go, or nothing other to do than listen to my stories! I know he loved it!
The first day, Jordan got to choose where we stopped and ate.
Where did he pick you ask?....
None other than, PIZZA HUT!


Don't ask me, but I said ok! (Atleast I got to choose the next day)
It wasn't bad actually, just a random choice!
Jordan still gets a bit embarassed when I take pictures, or ask people to.
But I told him we want to remember these great events!

He refused to let me ask the waitress to come out and take a picture, so that left me posing alone for this one.

When we FINALLY made it through Nebraska, we decided to stop at about 2 am in Missouri.
Super 8! Got to love that!
It was a good nights rest, and much needed for us to finish our drive on Tuesday.

In Missouri we stoped for a photo shoot at the GatewayArch in St. Louis.
This is the Gateway to the west!
(It seemed to be more in the east to me, but ah, whatever, I didn't name it!)

Finally it was my turn to choose our stop!
Nashville!
I loved it here, and want to go back!

We parked on Main street in down town, and was on the lookout for our perfect lunch spot.
I considered Coyote Ugly, but quickly decided it was a bad idea.
We already made it to Hooters last summer, and I thought Jordan's mother would be disappointed if I now took her son to Coyote Ugly.
So instead, we went in for a picture or two......

Now for the choice. Drumroll please...................

BB Kings Diner!
MMMM, I must say, this was some of the best Chicken Fingers ever!
Mabye it was that we hadn't eaten in forever, but still, I think it was just very tasty chicken!

Jordan ordered Chicken and Waffles. He said he wanted some classic southern food.
You can tell he thoroughly enjoyed it!
(You can also tell how tired he was!)
My chicken! I also look like I am about 12. You should have seen the guy checking my ID for Coyote Ugly, he was a bit suspicious, it took him a few double takes to let me in.

This is where the Titans play, for anyone who cares....

I knew we were getting close when I saw a MILLION of these....

We got to Georgia about 9:30, and I was a bit physically, and emotionally exhausted, which after two days, we still are recovering! But, we are also having a lot of fun already!
With all 10 of us here at the Cushman household, it is a full house! And very entertaining! I think I have the funniest husband! And can't wait for our adventurous summer together!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Enjoy the spontaneity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Brooke..Have a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you two arrived safely! Ben is having so much fun playing Brookey's car. Thanks for leaving it for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for documenting the long ride to Georgia. I love the pictures! :o) I'm happy you're safe and sound and hope you two have a fun and relaxing summer! We will miss you, so keep us posted on all your adventures! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know you updated!!

    HAVE A FUN SUMMER!

    I'm sure i'll see you around ;)
    I sure hope so anyway!!

    Love you my dear sister!

    ReplyDelete