Friday, August 6, 2010

Heartbreak.

Last weekend, Jordan and I went down to Atlanta with Ryan and Brittney.
Well, on our way to their apartment, Jordan and I were having a random conversation, about nothing in particular. A bunch of non sense is what it was.
The previous night we had seen Charlie St Cloud, and Jordan said if he died that I would do the same as Charlie, and never be able to leave Georgia. I told him I'd have to leave, because I would have to fly his body back to West Point to be burried.
Rewinding a bit, Jordan and I for some reason talk about where we will be burried more often than we should. His family all say they have never even thought of discussing that, and find it strange. Well, I asked Jordan if he had a preference, and he said no ,and I told him good! Because he is being buried in West Point next to me! There is really no other option for him.
Back to Saturday though. So on our way the Ryan and Brittney's, I told him he either has the option to live in West Point for life, or be buried there. Somehow we got to talking about life if the other person died. He told me he hoped I'd get re married. I said I hoped that for him too. He looked at me and said, "You do not, I know it." I paused, then told him, I know! I told him the thought of him having those same loving feelings for someone else breaks my heart! And what happened next, I started crying telling him this! He was cracking up, and I was crying! Really, the thought that if I died, and he had the same feelings for another girl that he does for me? I'd be crushed! He found this real funny, and couldn't believe that it brought enough emotion to me to cry about!
(It may have been a little funny)

4 comments:

  1. We talk about that all the time too! We'll be in West Point right along with with two of you!

    I told him that if he died I would need to get married quick.. because there is no way I could handle being alone. Although I would be a COMPLETE wreck.. but let's not talk about that!

    If I dided... I hope he would be a wreck too, but he can carry on and marry Whitley, and id be happy! If she's taken at that point... then as long as its not some blonde I think I would be happy for him.


    Let's not think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its ok we talk about where we want to get buried too! and i've got the same argument. why would you want to be buried anywhere else but west point, right? us west point girls are just attached to our little city i guess. ha ha you guys are funny. that conversation sounds so much like us. i'm crying and chance is laughing. don't worry, you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dewy and I have those conversations too! He said the exact same thing as Jordan, and I'm with you! I told him that I have to die first because I can't imagine a life without him, but that he isn't allowed to get remarried. I said I would be sure to haunt him until he died so he couldn't get married again... sharing him for eternity?? Pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are so funny! Now think about it.... having another wife around for eternity to help clean the house, do the laundry, wash the windows, cook dinner... that sounds quite heavenly to me. :o)

    If I die before dad, I want him to get remarried. Imagine what our house would look like without a woman around here! Things would fall apart. No one would scrub the sinks, clean the fridge, plant flowers in the yard, wash the car, not to mention my biggest pet peeve of all... there would be empty toilet paper rolls rolling around all the bathroom floors. Oh my! But I'm with you on being buried in West Point. We all want to be there together for sure! You girls are a hoot! :o)

    ReplyDelete