Sunday, November 13, 2011

Caramel Popcorn

I found this recipe for some delicious looking caramel popcorn.
I decided I needed to try it.

Pretty tasty right?

There was no way Jordan and I were going to eat all of it, 
and if we did, we were going to make ourselves mighty sick, so I had to come up with
someone else to give it to.

Who more perfect than my nursery class.
I made them these little guys, Happy Thanksgiving!

(On a side note, have I mentioned just how much I love my nursery class? 
One little boy I wish I could  bring home with me every week.)

Here is the recipe for the Popcorn:

Ingredients:
16 C popped popcorn, 
(or three popped bags, incase you don't have a popper like me)
1 C brown sugar
1/4 C corn syrup
1/2 C butter
1/2 t baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
  Fun sized candy bars 
(I used Twix, 100 grand, and Cookies and Creme.)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 tsp. shortening
 
What to do:
Pop yourself 16 cups of popcorn. 
Into a medium sized glass bowl, or large glass measuring cup, place the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. 
Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon. 
Repeat this step four more times.
After the fourth time, it should be very bubbly and hot at this point,
add the baking soda and vanilla and a dash of salt.
Pour the popcorn into a large brown paper grocery sack.
Pour the caramel right into the bag on top of the popcorn. 
Stir it around with a wooden spoon. 
Fold the bag over and place it in the microwave, heat for 1 minute. Take the bag out of the microwave and shake it. 
Pour the caramel corn out onto a large jelly roll pan, lined with parchment paper. 
Chop up the candy bars and lay them out over the caramel corn. 
Heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave, for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating interval. Don't let the chocolate get too hot. Add 1/2 t shortening to the melted chocolate and stir to combine. 
Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the caramel corn and candy bars. 
Melt the semi sweet chocolate just like you melted the white chocolate. Drizzle it over the caramel corn. 
  Let the chocolate set up. Break it up into chunks and serve.
Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! How creative..... I love stuff like that, and it looks super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute, Little Miss Creative!
    Love, Mom :o)
    P.S. We're so glad you're coming home soon! Benny is counting down the days!

    ReplyDelete